Sunday, 27 September 2015

SCSM 2012 R2 UR7 - Gotcha!

UPDATE 18/2/2016 : Issue resolved in UR9 released.
Recently we have implemented Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Update Rollup 7 in a project. Everything are working good until we are preparing for go live. Once we are started to configuring Analyst User Role-based, we found that any changes to the existing configured user roles in SCSM won't reflect in Console of analyst's machine.
OMG ! This seem to be a shoes stopper for us to go for Production. In the meantime, another testing environment was built to re-produced the issue.
First: We have try to running console with the /clearcache parameter from analyst's machine but no luck :'(
"D:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Service Manager\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.exe" /cache
Reference: How and When to Clear the Cache
Second: We try to clean the registry from analyst's machine but no luck :(
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\System Center\2010\Service Manager\Console
clip_image001Caution
Incorrectly editing the registry can severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on the computer.
Reference: System Center 2012 - Service Manager Registry Keys
Third: We try again to clear Health service from Management Server but no luck :'(

  1. Stops the System Center Management service.
  2. Deletes the health service store files.
  3. Resets the state of the agent, including all rules, monitors, outgoing data, and cached management packs.
  4. Starts the System Center Management service.
Reference: How and When to Clear the Cache
Fourth: We delete user profiles from windows, Hooray ! It's working :)
BUT WAIT ! Customer will not allow us to delete windows user's profile which they might lost existing configuration and files.
There should have cache in windows user's profiles for SCSM Console and luckily found a folder for SCSM under %LOCALAPPDATA% as below.
clip_image002
Delete the file in the folder and it's working great! Finally SCSM Console are reflect the changes of user role. Try this in few machines and confirm the workaround.
Workaround:  Delete *.bin and *.hash files from folder “C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010”
YES, it's a bug in UR7 and we have reported this to Microsoft Support. After a day we got confirmation from MS for this bug. 
For those of you who were waiting for feedback to Update Rollup 7; please take note of this bug.
Will update when MS release the hotfix.
Hope this is help :)

















2 comments: